About Dawn Reynolds-Smith
EMDR and Adult and Child Hypnotherapy
So you want to know about Dawn (me). I am not used to talking about me, but here goes. I came to become a Hypnotherapist after working in the NHS for 20 years. Some years after becoming an advanced clinical hypnotherapist for adults and children I added EMDR, Psychotherapy and Mindfulness to my skills. This was because so many of my clients had PTSD and I wanted to help them.
I am proudly neurodivergent. This, I believe, helps me work with my neurodivergent clients, of which there are many. I work with clients all over the country. I have a special interest in Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome, Functional Neurological Disorder, School refusal and Selective Mutism. I have been featured in national newspapers, Radio and European TV.
All hypnotherapy is recorded during the sessions, and clients can listen between sessions. Consequently reducing the number of sessions needed and enabling the changes in the subconscious to become permanent. This method of hypnotherapy is fully researched.
Prices online are only 100 pounds and 120 in person. There is a small discount for NHS staff. There is no difference in effectiveness with online sessions. The average amount of sessions is 4.
About my experience and attributes:
- Published Article on CVS – Cyclical vomiting syndrome
- Published Article on FND, Functional neurological disorder
- Alder Hey recommended therapist for bedwetting
- Member of The British Psychological Society
- I work for Staff Absence Solutions (SAS-fit). Treating traumatised police officers and their families
- Trained via the number one Child Specialist in the UK
- Trained via the number one IBS therapist in the UK and the only one having had their method fully researched for the NHS
- I have worked for Unite professionals treating RTA victims
- Trained in Solution Focused Approach
- DBS checked and insured
- GHR Supervisor
- General Hypnotherapy Register. Part of the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council. see listing Here
- IBS Therapists Register. see listing Here
- Featured on Wire FM morning show on the 25th October 2013
- Appeared on German RTL television. See addictions page for more details
- Appeared in the SUN newspaper on 21/10/13
- http://www.the sun.co.uk/sol/ homepage/woman/5212932/mum-hypnotised-to-think-she-had-gastric-band-and-lost-stone.html
- I have written an on line blog for the Warrington Guardian
- Talks for Sure Start on Hypnotherapy and Birth
- Speaker at North West Educational Psychologists CPD Conference
- Worked for local charities – recently Salix homes in Q&A on mental health at work